One of the ways in which information is collected is through the use of technology called “cookies”. On this website, cookies are used for several things. We will describe the most important points to know about this subject, so that you can really know what a cookie is for, what it does and how to manage it.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (like Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It’s not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam, spyware, or pop-up windows. Therefore, it does not pose any danger to your navigation on this website since it cannot infect your computer.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs or personal information, etc. The data they store is of a technical nature, statistics, personal preferences, personalisation of content, etc.
The web server does not associate a cookie with you as a person, but rather with your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with the Chrome browser and try to browse the same website with the Firefox browser, you will see that the website does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the information to the browser, not to the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: They are the most elementary and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising according to your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are own cookies and those of third parties?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google Adsense, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third party cookies. This website uses the following cookies, which are detailed below:
Own cookies are the following:
- Login: Login cookies allow you to log in and out of your account on this website.
- Personalization: Cookies help us remember which people or websites you have interacted with, so that we can show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow me to remember your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and privacy settings.
This website uses analysis services, specifically Google Analytics to help the website analyze the use made by users of the website and improve its usability, but in no case are associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. The user can consult here the type of cookies used by Google.
This website is a user of the WordPress platform for supplying and hosting blogs, owned by the American company Automattic, Inc. For this purpose, the use of such cookies by the systems are never under the control or management of the person responsible for this website, they can change their function at any time, and enter new cookies.
Social network cookies may be stored on your browser while you are browsing this site, for example, when you use the share button on this site on a social network.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and also blocking, in a general or particular way for a specific domain. To delete cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
- Cookies settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox